Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nuestros Hermanos Pequenos


Yesterday we visited a large orphanage in the state of Morelos, it’s called “nuestros hermanos pequenos” which means “our little siblings”. I had thought that it would be sad to go to an orphanage, but the experience was a very positive one, all of the children were very happy and seem to have everything they need. The compound is almost completely self sufficient….they have lots pigs and chickens that the children care for, as well as lots of vegetables growing in the fields close by. They also make their own bread and tortillas….several thousand tortillas every day! All of the children go to a school within the compound and are involved in clubs too…and the best thing is that the orphanage pays for them to attend university.
Classes are going well, its been awhile since I had a history class so the Mexican history class im taking is really refreshing….very interesting too. I have a presentation tomorrow for my Spanish class, it only has to be short though so I’m not too worried....I think ill be talking about giving money to beggars on the street and the differences between how they ask in the US and in Mexico. Things are definitely going well, im excited for every meal because so far everything my host mom has cooked has been amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment